Monday, October 15, 2007

Downloadable Books

I visited both NetLibrary and Maryland's Digital eLibrary Consortium, but was a little disappointed with the title selection. I really appreciated the fact that a customer could execute a search in NetLibrary in a variety of languages, but was actually hoping to find books on studying and learning other languages. I could be wrong, but I thought language learning materials were available when HCL first subscribed to NetLibrary. I also searched for items which could be helpful in planning children's multicultural programs, but found very little. Finally I looked at titles available through eLibrary Consortium and realized that a customer would be more successful as a browser than as someone logging in wanting a specific item. The most valuable part of this Thing was that I became better acquainted with HCL's electronic resources thus enabling me to provide better service to our public.

No comments: