Monday, October 1, 2007

Music in My Life

For Thing 19, I couldn't believe I was being paid to listen to music while reading about places to visit in NYC. Pandora is a music site where you select the music of a performer you LOVE and you are then feed song after song from similar artists. Once I discovered the music of Joni Mitchell in high school, I knew I had located my high priestess. I decided to put Pandora to the test and the website started me off with Harry's House, a song from the jazzy Hissing of Summer Lawns. From Joni we went to Simon & Garfunkel, Sandy Denny, Suzanne Vega, and ended with a later Joni tune. Just as photography is my passion, music has played an equally important part in my life. I will listen to anything once and am always searching for a musician who will give me goosebumps and move me with his/her vision. With music streaming in my ears, I also figured I'd glance at the winners in the City Guides & Reviews categories. In October I'm going with my husband to NYC for 4 days. Although he'll have some time, I'll be exploring on my own a fair amount and I want to make the most of my visit. Although I've run out of time for Thinging today, Yelp looked like it had some great event, shopping, and restaurant ideas.

No comments: