Monday, October 15, 2007

Ooopppps!!! Just Kidding


I was sad about completing 23 Things, but equally psyched that I could move on to other projects needing my complete attention. Imagine my surprise in learning that I still had 2 things to blog about. Number 1, Lifelong Learner - Of course I consider myself a lifelong learner and only wish I had another 24 hours in each day. In that most wonderful scenario, I'd be going to yoga on a biweekly basis, learning Spanish and French, taking regular photography classes and completing book after book, both fiction and non-fiction. 23 Things has given me structured tasks allowing me to indulge my love of learning and as I said earlier, I hope to explore certain Things in greater depth.

Number 2, Merlin and other library related blogs/news feeds - When I went to create an account on Merlin, imagine my second surprise of the day to learn that newtonf@hclibrary already had a Merlin account. Since newtonf could only be me, I reset the password and found out that my account was almost 2 years old. Weirdly enough, I don't remember setting it up nor accessing it. I looked around Merlin and was interested to learn about the available online courses...which might even be eligible for CEU credits!! After realizing the value of a wiki in working with Howard County's multicultural community, I look forward to linking to the courses on that, as well as Web Design.

No comments: